Primary responsibilities include troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software issues, performing software maintenance and identifying fixes for internally developed code (Perl, Ruby, C/C++, JAVA), performing SQL queries, updating, tracking and resolving technical challenges.
Responsibilities also include working alongside development on Amazon Corporate and Divisional Software projects, updating/enhancing our current software, automation of support processes and documentation of our systems.
B.Tech in Computer Science or a related field.
- Object oriented development experience in C++ and/or Java.
- Knowledge of the UNIX / Linux operating system
- Knowledge of Perl / Ruby and Oracle SQL.
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify root causes of issues.
- Demonstrate skill and passion for operational excellence.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Ability to retain composure under stressful conditions, communicate effectively with a wide array of individuals at Amazon, and get the right things done.