Posted Position Title: Design Engineer
Career Level Experienced
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available India
Relocation Expenses Yes
Role Summary/Purpose LV PCC MCC switchgear Requisition Engineer, creating electrical schematics, front view, elevation, throw over scheme and support manufacturing plant on engineering issue.
Essential Responsibilities * Interpret customer specifications and drawings as they apply to MCC/PCC switchgear/switchboard equipment and related products.
* Prepare & submit a drawing package based upon the customer specification to obtain customer approval; Designs shall include protective relaying, circuit breaker control, instrumentation, PLC control, AC/DC control power schemes, etc.
* Release and support this design (drawing package and bills of material) based upon the customer returned documents for manufacturing this equipment. This will include device BOM, mechanical BOM, mechanical elevation drawing, panel layout drawing, electrical schematics, connection diagrams, punch plots, wire list file, etc.
* Design control circuits for auto-transfer schemes based upon a customer specification and sequence of operation.
* Interface with customers, district sales and field installation services personnel.
Qualifications/Requirements * B-Tech/ BE Degree in Electrical Engineering
* Supportive of a work team concept and a boundary less organization.
* Views customer satisfaction as business driver.
* AutoCAD/Promise/ePlan experience.
* Multi-Tasking; Ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
* Troubleshooting skills; must have the ability to resolve mechanical and electrical design issues.
* Computer literate.
* Strong facilitation/communication (oral & written)/interpersonal skills.
* Strong creative/analytical skills.
Desired Characteristics Experience in manufacturing environment, control and protection relaying circuit design, electrical power systems, PLC/MMI programming, and switchgear/switchboards.