Advertising is the art of conveying a message to the masses. Advertisements generally influence public about commercial services products, and even draw attention towards social matters. Advertising is one of the chief divisions of any industry that make sure the industry’s competitiveness in the corporate environment. Indian advertising industry is on a roll and is all set to provide quality job to thousands of individuals in next few years.
Advertising industries employ public with different educational backgrounds in different departments at various levels. Possessing a professional Diploma or Degree in a particular sector of study can give you a head start in this industry. The best way to obtain into this field after a course is to get on the job training. All reputed institutions offer internship as part of the curriculum.
Eligibility for most of the advertising postgraduate (master’s courses) is graduation in any discipline with a minimum of 50 % marks. Admission to most of these courses is based on an entrance test exam and/or personal interview. Some institutions also provide graduate level courses in advertising, for which they admit candidates who have cleared class +2.
Institute/colleges of Communication, Ahmedabad could cost you up to Rs.1 ,00,000 per year. But at government and some other private institutions, the fee cost is much lower.
Salary package can vary from one industry to another depending on the size and turnover Recognized and reputed agencies have a large set up while small agencies may have just a handful of workers looking after all the various jobs.
You can easily get into an agency at the lowest levels but complete quality is demanded as you move up the stairs. However, the salary package gets heavier and heavier as the work and level of experience rises. A beginner in the department usually starts with an average monthly salary of Rs. 8000 to 15000.
Top institutes/colleges of Advertising Course
1. Indian Institute Of Mass Communication, Aruna Asaf Marg, JNU, New Campus, New Delhi
2. Mudra Institute Of Communications (MICA), Shela, Ahmedabad ,Gujarat
3. Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, V.L.Mehta Road, Vile Parle(West), Mumbai, Maharashtra
4. WLC College India - Mumbai
5. Xavier's Institute Of Communication, St. Xavier's College , Mahapalika Marg, Mumbai, Maharashtra
6. Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, Bangalore
7. Symbiosis Institiute of Media and Communication, Pune
8. Manorama School of Communication, Kottayam
9. Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media, Bangalore
10. Asian College of Journalism, Chennai