The Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India was established by an Act of Parliament in the year 1959, though the same was in existence as a company since 1944. The head office is situated at 12, Sudder Street, Kolkata 700 016. It is the professional body in India which specializes in the field of Cost and management Accountancy. It imparts coaching and trains the candidates in the subject of Cost & Management Accounting And Finance The Institute has established four Regional councils in the Metropolitan cities. Every year, it churns out thousands of Cost and Accounts professionals in the country, who manage the cost and audit of the country's vast industrial sectors.
The eligibility procedure is simple for the course. The candidates are eligible for the course after qualifying the Foundation Course examination of the Institute. For Foundation course the candidate with 10+2 are eligible. After clearing foundation candidates can join the Institute's Intermediate course. Those who are waiting for 10+2 examination results can also appear for the Foundation Course examination. Similarly students awaiting result of Graduation examination can even opt for provisional registration. Direct Registration without appearing for the Foundation course is open to Graduates of any discipline.
• Course Duration:
The course is divided into Intermediate and Final with eight papers each. Both have two Stages with 4 papers each. According to the revised syllabus, along with the 8 papers in the Intermediate, two group discussions, two seminars and also Computer Hours (50) has been included.
After one clears all the eight papers in the Intermediate, one can go in for the final. In the final along with the 8 papers; Dissertation (5000 words), Computer (100 hours), Modular training (15 days), Audit / Industrial training (6 months) is included. 10+2 candidates have to complete the Foundation Course of the institute to join the Intermediate course.
What will be the cost or fee of Cost Accountant course
The institute offers the training through Postal from four Regional councils (Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata and Chennai) and direct training from its 106 coaching centers spread across the country.
The fee structure of the Institute is given below:
Registration Fee: Rs. 300 (to be paid one time only)
Coaching Fee Postal Oral
2640 1000 (including study materials)
Rs.400 (Any one stage)
Rs. 450 (Any one Stage) -
Rs.800 (Both Stages)
Rs. 900 (Both Stages)
Salary varies based on your proficiency in the field and the company that you join. Many multinational companies pay good salary and benefits for their employees.
The salary can be from Rs.3000 to Rs.50, 000.
Top institutes or colleges of Cost Accountant course
1. A.V.S. College of Arts & Science,Tamil Nadu
2. Aggarwal P.G. College,Haryana
3. Ahmednagar Jilha Maratha Vidya Prasarak Samaj’s New Arts, Commerce & Science College,Maharashtra
4. Asansol Branch of Eastern India Regional Council of the I.C.A.I.,West Bengal
5. Aurora’s Degree College,Andhra Pradesh
6. B.N. Saha D.A.V. Public School,Jharkhand
7. Bal Bhavan Public Senior Secondary School,Delhi
8. Bhanuvijayji Universal Foundation’s Divine Child School,Gujarat
9. Bharata Mata College,Kerala
10. Bhavan’s Vivekananda College of Science,Andhra Pradesh
11. C.B. Bhandari Jain College, Karnataka
12. Canara College,Karnataka
13. Chikitsak Samuha’s S.S. & L.S. Patkar College of Arts &Science and V.P. Varde College of Commerce & Economics, Maharashtra
14. Chinmaya Vidyalaya,Kerala
15. Coimbatore Branch of S.I.R.C. of I.C.A.I.,Tamil Nadu