India ranks first in milk production globally. Dairy development has increased milk production, improving the nutritional standards of the people, generating employment opportunities and enhancing income level in rural areas especially for small and marginal farmers and agricultural labors. Dairying, which is expecting large-scale expansion, will offer improved remuneration to those employed in the industry.
The current milk production rate is 4.5%. By 2020, milk production in India is expected to be 170 million tonnes. The Indian Dairy Industry is poised to play a major role in the global dairy market.
Courses in dairy technology are available at the diploma, graduation, postgraduate and doctoral levels.
• Diploma in Dairy technology-- (3Yrs)
• B.Sc / B.Tech in Dairy technology-- (3/4Yrs)
• M.Tech /M.Sc in Dairy Technology-- (2Yrs)
Basic eligibility criteria: 10 + 2 examination, with Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and English or Physics, Chemistry, Biology with a minimum aggregate of 50 % marks can opt for a course in dairy.
What will be the cost of fee of Dairy technology course
The total expense for doing Bachelor of Science in Dairy technology is as follows
• B.Sc - Rs.50,000/ per year - (4 Years)
• M.Sc - Rs.50,000/ per year - (2 Years)
Bank loans and private loans can be easily availed by directly contacting the banks in person or through the college administration.
Higher Education Options:
After successful completion of the Bachelor degree, the options for higher education are plenty. A person with the above degree can opt for Masters or doctoral PhD degree in dairy related courses.
The salary can be from Rs.6, 000 to Rs.7, 000 for freshers and increases with experience and knowledge in the dairy industry. People having own enterprises can have a good hand in profit if done in a medium to large scale.
Top institutes or colleges of Dairy technology course
• Shri Krishan Institute of Engineering and Technology, Kurukshetra (SKIET)
Kurukshetra, Haryana, India
• Vishwakarma Maritime Institute -Pune, Maharashtra, India
• College of Dairy & Food Science Technology- Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
• College of Dairy Technology, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India
• College of Food & Dairy Tech - Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
• Guru Angad Dev College of Dairy Science & Technology -Ludhiana, Punjab, India
• Indira Gandhi Krishi VishwavidyalayaRaipur, Chhattisgarh, India
• Indira Gandhi National Open University- New Delhi, India
• Jawahar Lal Nehru Polytechnic- Sitapur, Uttar Pradesh, India
• Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University, Dairy Science College- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
• National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI), Karnal Haryana, India
• Sanjay Gandhi Institute of Dairy Science & Technology- Patna, Bihar, India