Fashion design is the applied art dedicated to clothing and lifestyle accessories created within the cultural and social influences of a specific time.
Fashion design differs from costume design due to its core product having a built in obsolescence usually of one to two seasons. A season is defined as either autumn/winter or spring/summer. Fashion design is generally considered to have started in the 19th century with Charles Frederick Worth who was the first designer to have his label sewn into the garments that he created. While all articles of clothing from any time period are studied by academics as costume design, only clothing created after 1858 could be considered as fashion design.
To become a Professional in the Fashion industry one should have a graduate degree or at least a diploma.
The degree and postgraduate degree courses are offered by the private and government colleges in India and around the globe.
Basic eligibility criteria:10th, +2 (Higher Secondary students) with any group as the majors.
The course duration for the various programs is as follows:
• Diploma in Fashion technology is around two years.
• B.Tech (Fashion technology) is around three years.
• M.Tech (Fashion technology), is offered as a two year program.
What will be the cost or fee of Fashion technology course
The Total expense for doing degree is as follows
B.Tech - Rs.45, 000/ per year - (3Years)
M.Tech - Rs.55, 000/ per year - (2 Years)
Bank loans and private loans can be easily arranged by directly contacting the banks through the college administrative.
The salary can be from Rs.12, 000 to Rs.26, 000 for starters and increases with the persons experience and knowledge.
Top institutes or colleges of Fashion technology course
Almost all the deemed and general universities offer Bachelor degree in Fashion technology. Some of these institutes are:
• National Institute of Design,Gujart.
• Mayura School of Fashion Technology,T.N
• Kumaraguru College of Technology
• Jeppiar Engineering College
• National Engineering College
• Adhiyamaan College of Engineering
• St Peter's Engineering College
• Narayanaguru College of Engineering
• Adhiparasakthi College of Engineering
• Sree Sastha Engineering college
• National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi
• Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore
• Pearl Academy of Fashion, Delhi
• School of Fashion Technology, Pune
• Symbiosis Institute of Design, Pune
• International Institute of Fashion Design, Chandigarh