The sedentary lifestyle coupled with immeasurable stress, strain and tensions have lead to an increase in ailments and maladies like hypertension, diabetes, cholesterol, heart attacks and so on. There is an increasing awareness globally about the need to stay healthy by following the right diet. Nutritionists and dieticians help plan the right diet for a fee.
To become Nutrition and Dietetics professional, one should have a graduate degree B.Sc / M.Sc or at least a diploma. The degree and postgraduate degree courses are offered by private and government colleges.
Basic eligibility criteria: +2 (Higher Secondary students) with 1 st group as the major with 60 percent aggregate or Diploma holders preferably in the fields of Hotel management, Nutrition, Home Science, Bioscience related fields can choose for a Bachelor degree in nutrition and Dietetics.
The course duration for the various programs is as follows:
B.Sc (Food Science and Nutrition) is three years or six semesters
M.Sc (Foods and Nutrition) is offered as a two year program in various universities.
PG Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics is pursued as a one year course.
What will be the cost or fee of Nutrition and Dietetics course
The Total expense for doing Bachelor degree in Nutrition and Dietetics are as follows
• B.Sc - Rs.50, 000/ per year - (3 Years)
• M.Sc - Rs.75, 000/ per year - (2 Years)
Bank loans and private loans can be easily arranged by directly contacting the banks through the colleges administration.
The salary can be from Rs.8, 000 to Rs.32, 000 for freshers and increases with experience and knowledge.
Top institutes or colleges of Nutrition and Dietetics course
1) Lady Irwin College, Delhi University
2) Institute of Home Economics, New Delhi
3) Women's Christian College, Chennai
4) Bishop Choolaparambil Memorial College for Women, Kottayam
5) SNDT Women's University, Mumbai
6) G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology
7) Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University
8) Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai
9) Banasthali University, Jaipur
10) Gandhigram Rural Institute
11) Delhi Paramedical & Management Institute, New Delhi, Delhi – NCR
12) Manav Rachna Internatonal University, Faculty of Applied Science, Faridabad, Delhi - NCR