Automobile engineering or automotive engineering is the branch of engineering which deals with the study as how to design, manufacture and operate automobiles like buses, trucks, cars etc. and also their respective Engineering subsystems. This can also be grouped under vehicle engineering.
An aspirant of automobile engineering must start his/her academic career in Science at intermediate level i.e. plus two (with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
One can also opt for Diploma program after completion of his/her class 10th. In this case he/she will only be recognized with the status of a junior engineer.
One, who still wants to study further after completing B.E/ B.Tech, can pursue M.Tech program offered by Indian Institutes of Technology and few other Engineering colleges/universities in the country.
For doing M.Tech the candidate needs to qualify the GATE examination.
Individuals with interests in research and development can take up PHD program after his/her post graduation studies.
Degrees in Automobile engineering are offered at universities worldwide. In India mechanical engineering programs typically take four years and result in a Bachelor of Automobile Engineering (B.E).
What will be the cost or fee of Automobile engineering
The Total expense for doing Bachelor of Engineering in Automobile Engineering is as follows.
B.E Rs.50000/ per year- (4 Years)
M.E Rs.50000/ per year- (2 Years)
Bank loans and private loans can be easily arranged by directly contacting the banks through the college administrative.
The average starting monthly salary of a fresh graduate of automobile engineering ranges between Rs. 10,000 - Rs. 15,000. The trend will increase with increase in experience and skills. Freshers from elite technological institutions including IITs, NITs, and BITS are offered very high pay package owing to their academic excellence and skills. After having three or four years of industrial experience, one can a expect salary up to Rs 40,000 per month. There is no limitation for the right candidates to progress in this field.
Top institutes or colleges of Automobile engineering
• TamilNadu College of Engineering, Anna University
• Shri Surshdada Jain College Of Engineering, North Maharashtra University
• Hindustan College of Engineering, Anna University
• Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Anna University
• K.L.N. College of Engineering, Anna University
• Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Anna University
• Vel Tech Engineering College, Anna University
• Rajendra Mane College of Engineering and Technology, University of Mumbai(Bombay)
• A. D. Patel Institue Of Technology, Sardar Patel University
• Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University
• Rajarambapu Institute of Technology, Shivaji University