Footwear consists of garments worn on the feet, for protection against the environment, and adornment.Socks and other hosiery are worn between the feet and the footwear, except for sandals and flip flops (thongs). Footwear is sometimes associated with fashions in shoes and boots.
To become a Professional in the footwear technology one should have a graduate degree or at least a diploma. The degree and postgraduate degree courses are offered by the private and government colleges in India and around the globe.
Basic eligibility criteria:10th, +2 (Higher Secondary students) with science group as the majors.
The course duration for the various programs is as follows:
• Diploma in footwear technology is around two years.
• Bachelor's (footwear technology) is around two to three years.
• Master's (footwear technology), is offered as a two year program.
What will be the cost of fee of Footwear technology course
The Total expense for doing degree in these fields is subjected to change. He/she is advised to contact the course providers for detailed information. Bank loans and private loans can be easily arranged by directly contacting the banks through the college administrative.
The salary can be from Rs.10, 000 to Rs.16, 000 for starters and increases with the persons experience and knowledge.
Top institutes or colleges of Footwear technology course
• National Institute of Fashion Technology, Kolkata-West Bengal
• Department of Life Long Learning, Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya, Khairagarh-Chandigarh, Punjab
• National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi, Delhi - NCR
• Government Polytechnic, Mumbai- Maharashtra
• K.A.R. Polytechnic College- Vellore, Tamil Nadu
• K. A. R. Polytechnic College- Bangalore / Bengalooru, Tamil Nadu
• Prannath Parnami Institute of Footwear Design & Technology -Hisar, Haryana
• Indira Gandhi National Open University, School of Engineering & Technology-New Delhi, Delhi - NCR
• Footwear Design and Development Institute, Noida, Delhi - NCR
• Central Footwear Training Institute , Uttar Pradesh