Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S) or in Latin, Medicinae Baccalaureus, Baccalaureus Chirurgiae,is the;first professional degree awarded upon graduation from Medical school in medicine and surgery by universities in various countries. The naming suggests that they are two separate degrees; however, in practice, they are usually treated as one and awarded together.
In many countries, the degrees are awarded after an undergraduate course lasting five or six years. In some cases, a graduate in another discipline may subsequently enter a special graduate-entry medical course, reduced in duration to account for relevant material covered or learning skills acquired during the first degree.
In some cases the old first year courses (for six year degrees) in the basic sciences of physics, chemistry and biology have been abolished, and that standard has to be reached by means of school examinations before entry. However, in most countries a newly-graduated Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery must spend a specified period in internship before they can obtain full qualification as a medical practitioner.
+2 (Higher Secondary students) with Biology group as the majors can choose Bachelor's Degree in medical Science as their career.
The course duration for the various programs is as follows:
• M.B.B.S (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) is around five + years.
• M.S (Masters Degree in any specialization) is around two years.
What will be the cost or fee of Medicine(M.B.B.S) course
The Total expense for doing Bachelor's Degree in Dental Science and its related fields are as follows.
M.B.B.S - Rs.60000/ per year - (5+ Years)
M.S - Rs.75000/ per year - (2 Years)
Bank loans and private loans can be easily arranged by directly contacting the banks through the college administrative.
After successful completion of the Bachelor degree, the options for higher education are plenty. A person with the above degree can opt for higher education in the following fields.
• M. S
• Master of the Art of Obstetrics (MAO).
• Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O. or DO)
The salary can be from Rs.10, 000 to Rs.23, 000 for fresh graduates and increases with the persons experience and knowledge.
Top institutes or colleges of Medicine(M.B.B.S)
• PSG Institute and Medical College, Coimbatore
• Madras Medical College,Chennai
• Coimbatore Medical College, Coimbatore
• Madurai Medical College, Madurai
• Christian Medical College, Vellore
• Salem Medical College, Salem
• Raja Muthaiah Medical College
• Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute,Chennai
• Stanley Medical College, Chennai
• Government Kilpauk Medical College,Chennai
• All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
• Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
• Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry
• Grant Government Medical College, Mumbai
• University College Medical Sciences, Delhi