Nurses are critical to healthcare delivery and play a significant role in caring for the ill and prevention of diseases. In addition to administering medicines, they are also required to have a bedside manner that involves handling sick people with care and kindness. Nurses are called on to care for the ill of all ages, families, groups and communities, disabled and dying people. Interestingly, it is predominantly women who take up nursing as a profession.
To become a nurse, one should have a degree (B.Sc) or at least a diploma in Nursing. Private and government colleges in India and abroad offer undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses. Diploma in nursing course is offered by the government and private school of nursing in India.
• Basic eligibility criteria: +2 (Higher Secondary students) with science & English or Bio + maths as the majors. 45 % aggregate marks (PCBE). Age: 17 years on or before the 31st of December of the year, should be medically fit. For Diploma in Nursing, any branch in +2 with 45% aggregate.
The courses for Nursing are as follows:
Diploma in General Nursing: Duration: 3 years with 6 months internship
B. Sc in Nursing: Duration: 4 years including 6 months internship
Multipurpose health workers Training:Duration: 18 months.
What will be the cost or fee of Nursing course
The Total expense for doing Bachelor of Science in nursing is as follows
• B.Sc - Rs.20000/ per year - (4Years)
• M.Sc - Rs.40000/ per year - (2 Years)
Bank loans and private loans can be easily availed by directly contacting the banks through the college administration.
higher education are plenty. A person with the above degree can opt for Masters in nursing.
The salary can be from Rs.7, 000 to Rs.12, 000 for freshers and increases with the person’s experience and knowledge. With an experience of two years, a person can find excellent opportunities abroad with a hefty salary.
Top institutes or colleges of Nursing course
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
2. Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh
3. West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS)
4. Manipal Academy of Higher Education
5. Christian Medical College, Vellore
6. Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
7. Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute
8. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
9. Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University
10. Army College of Nursing, Jalandhar
11. College of Nursing, Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC),
12. A P S College of Nursing
13. A.J. College of Nursing
14. Acharya College of Nursing
15. Amrita College of Nursing