Today, how one dresses has become very important, giving an impetus to the textile manufacturing industry. This industry revolves around the conversion of the fiber into the yarn, then fabric which is then converted into textiles. The textiles are then converted to clothes and artifacts.
To become a Professional in the textile industry one should have a graduate degree (B.Tech.) or at least a diploma in textile engineering. The degree and postgraduate degree courses are offered by the private and government colleges in India and around the globe.
Basic eligibility criteria: +2 (Higher Secondary students) with science group as the majors can choose Bachelor degree in textile engineering (B.Tech).
Training in this field is available at a number of schools and institutes all over India.
The course duration for the various programs is as follows:
Diploma in textile engineering: two years
B.Tech (textile engineering): four years
M.Tech (textile engineering): two years
What will be the cost or fee of Textile Engineering course
The Total expense for textile engineering is as follows
B.Tech - Rs.35, 000/ per year - (4 Years)
M.Tech - Rs.45, 000/ per year - (2 Years)
Bank loans and private loans can be easily arranged by directly contacting the banks through the college administrative.
Almost all the deemed and general universities offer Bachelor degree in textile engineering.
The salary can be from Rs.9, 800 to Rs.16, 000 for starters and increases with the persons experience and knowledge.
Top institutes or colleges of Textile Engineering course
1. IIT Kanpur
2. IIT Delhi
3. IIT Kharagpur
4. IIT Mumbai
5. IIT Guwahati
6. IIT Chennai
7. Bengal Engineering College, Botanical Gardens, Howrah
8. Institute of Textile Technology, Chowdwar, Cuttak
9. Government Central Textile Institute, Kanpur
10. Faculty of Technology, Cochin University.
11. Government SKSJ Technological Institute, Bangalore.
12. VJTI, Matunga (East), Mumbai
13. Institute of Jute Technology, ballygunje, Circular Road, Kolkata.
14. Department of Textile, IIT, Delhi
15. Anna University
16. College of Technology and Agriculture, Udaipur
17. Calcutta University
18. Osmania University, University College of Engineering, Hyderabad
19. MLV Textile Institute, Bhilwara.
20. Department of Technology and Engineering, Vadodara